Sunday, December 23, 2007

Jillian's Hope....


In the month of October there was an article in the St. Petersburg Times, regarding a little girl named Rhyan who had just been bi-laterally implanted. As I read the article tears came to my eyes, to think of the joy that family and child were going through!
The excitement that she could hear; the birds chirping, the sounds of laughter,
the soon to be heard Christmas carols, being able to hear her sister talking and being able to verbally communicate with her family! The opportunities await her!
My husband contacted the editor from the column asking for any guidance and resources that he may have learned while interviewing and writing the article.
Around the middle of October I was sent an e-mail from Shelly (one of Jillian's audiologist) introducing me to Courtney, Rhyan's Mom. She explained that Courtney and her husband were creating this fundraiser for Cochlear Implants and the deaf community and are in need of a candidate. I was so truly blessed imagining that one day, Jillian would feel the same happiness and sound that Rhyan
was given.

No comments: